Lights, Camera, Action! – Film Club is Here!

Have you ever wondered about the process of film making, and even wanted to make a film of your own? Then Film Club is the club for you! Taking place every Thursday during lunch in room 117, Film Club will be setting the spot light. 10th Grade Doherty student Rebecca Weber is the mastermind behind this club. Rebecca says, “In the middle of summer, I was told that it would be a waste if I just wrote scripts and never filmed them. But I wanted to film them, and I believed others may have the same interest in film/theater as well. So, at the start of the school year I decided I would start a group that would make films, whether short films, animated or full movies.” The club was started to inspire students to start pursuing all types of filmmaking.
Students in Film Club will take part in making short films from all aspects. Each film will have a different director, camera man, actor(s), screen writer and more with the hopes of teaching students each aspect of film making. This club will also help students gain experience that could help with future interviews, internships and even self-made work. Club members will also get the chance to participate in film festivals.
The club will be year round and any Doherty student is free to join (talk to Ms. Stevens, the advisor for film club for more info). So, what are you waiting for? Pick up a camera, write a script or step in the spot light and join Film Club!