Student Highlight: Sophomore Marley Tafoya Nominated for Congress of Future Medical Leaders

Tafoya+poses+with+her+certificate.+

Marley Tafoya

Tafoya poses with her certificate.

The Congress of Future Medical Leaders is a program designed for honors high school students who are intending to go into the medical field.

According to the National Academy of Future Physicians, the program is organized to “give [students] the confidence and direction [they] need to propel [them] forward to Greatness.”

Doherty High School’s very own sophomore Marley Tafoya was nominated to participate in this program. Over this two-day program, Tafoya participated in live social events, seminars, lectures, and workshops to gain knowledge and experience in the medical field.

This allowed her to make connections, experiences, and hands-on understandings of what a future in the medical field is, it will also aid her in her future career.

Tafoya is a hard-working student who strives to succeed in all of her academic ventures.

“The biggest thing I did was [sign] up for AP courses and have a good recommendation from my counselor,” Tafoya explained.

Tafoya plans on going to college and majoring in Pre-med, she one day hopes to become a cardiologist.

After the conference, Tafoya had only good things to say about it.

“The online conference was amazing and deepened my love for medicine. I got to watch a hip replacement surgery and a heart surgery.”
 Congratulations on this big accomplishment Marley, we wish you well in the continuation of your efforts!