Breaking News
The Student News Site of Thomas B. Doherty High School

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Spartan

Trolls 3: Band Together

photo source: https://m.imdb.com
BroZone attempting to achieve perfect family harmony at their final performance.
Dreamworks
photo source: https://m.imdb.com BroZone attempting to achieve perfect family harmony at their final performance.

The new movie in the Trolls franchise, Trolls Band Together,  was recently released in theatres on November 17th and it was a hit! It had an awesome story, awesome characters, and a fantastimazing soundtrack! Along with so much more!

The story is pretty simple, BroZone has to reunite to save Floyd from Velvet and Veener. The story stays on track and happens at a steady pace. It takes a while for the trolls to get to Mount Rageous but it raises the stakes more which is good. One of the worst parts of the movie is the random introduction of Viva, Poppy’s long-lost sister. Throughout the movie, Poppy talks about how she has always wanted a sister (which was never mentioned in the first two movies) I think Viva was only introduced so Poppy wasn’t left out. Other than that the movie does fit in with the rest of the franchise and doesn’t contradict anything from the first two movies.

The plot of the movie is good and is enhanced by the soundtrack. The soundtrack consists of 14 songs, this includes a new song by *NSYNC! The soundtrack is mostly medleys of *NSYNC songs. The soundtrack has been praised by fans and Better Place (Reunion) and Mount Rageous seem to be the favorites. Along with the trolls having songs, Velvet and Veener also sing. They slay those songs honestly, but we barely hear Veneer sing which is the only bad part about the soundtrack.  ALSO CRIMP SLAUGHTERED 9-5 BY DOLLY PARTON, WHICH IS AN UNFORGIVABLE CRIME.

The movie includes the introduction of quite a few new characters, so let’s go over them. The first characters to be introduced are John Dory, Floyd, Clay, and Spruce/Bruce. They make up the band BroZone (this also includes Baby Branch). They are introduced in the very beginning and set up the plot for the movie. The next Character is Rhonda, she is the vehicle transporting the trolls but is also alive, she takes on the mannerisms and personality of a dog.  The next characters introduced in the story are superstars Velvet and Veener who act as the main villains, they have quickly become fan favorites!! With their expressiveness and funny remarks, along with their amazing songs. Then we meet Crimp the assistant to Velvet and Veneer. She is very shy and smart and has the underdog rising trope. Lastly, we meet Viva, Poppy’s sister who got separated presumably during the first scene in the first trolls scene.

Lastly, some things are really good about the movie, along with some bad things. The first good thing is the humor. The humor is really good for a kid’s movie. They managed to sneak in a few adult jokes that are just hilarious because they come out of nowhere. One bad thing is that Poppy’s friends are completely just not there, they are in the beginning and that’s it. The erasure of Poppy’s friends began in the second movie and they just disappeared. Another good thing is BRANCH. Branch ate this movie and his story. I love that we focus on him and it develops his character it’s just amazing. One more hate is branch relapsing. Tiny Diamond caused Branch to relapse… an interesting choice on Dreamwork’s end.

With all this said, it is no surprise that the Trolls movie did amazing! Children, teens, and adults all love the new Trolls movie! Such an amazing movie bringing everyone back together.