Candidate Breakdown: Ade Smith

Walat Gozeh

Ade Smith. Your candidate Student Body President.

Spartans it is election season! Here at The Spartan, we believe that everyone deserves a voice, and the value that reporting news has on society today. In acting on this mission, we sat down with every candidate running for the 2023-2024 Cabinet, so that he/she can introduce themselves and share their platform. Voting is during 2nd – 6th period in front of the Spartan Room on April 21, 2023. Enjoy knowing who is on the ballot and happy voting!

About the Candidate:
Q: What is your name and what position are you running for?
A: My name is Ade Smith, and I am running for Student Body President.

Q: Can you describe yourself?
A: I would say I am very outgoing and social. I love talking to everybody, I have a lot of energy and just love being around people.

Q: What do you enjoy about Doherty?
A: Definity the sports games!

Experience:
Q: Have you been in student council before, if not what is something like it that you have been involved in?
A: I have been in the student council my whole time at Doherty. My freshman year I was just on council, then became Sophomore Class President. Right now, I am Junior Class President.

Q: What have you experienced that makes you a good candidate for the position?
A: I play a lot of sports and I am the captain of most of them. I believe I am a good leader in that aspect!

Goals/Vision:
Q: What is Doherty’s biggest problem and how would you fix it?
A: I think Morale is Doherty’s biggest problem. My sister used to go here, and the Morale was crazy, so I think it is something we need to fix. Hopefully, next year we can change that!

Q: What do you think the position you are running for entails?
A: During fall we do Harvest of Love, and the Student Body President helps run that. They are the chair to its committee. They also do a lot of the background stuff that not many people see, but it is something I want to do!