Doherty Community Concerned with Crosswalk Safety Chapter 3

Senior Mia Banetez, “I think we should reduce the speed or build a bridge or have a crossing guard over there.” Although it is a 4-way stop and crowded street and crossing cars need to be aware. Freshman Neveah Ulrich said, “I think drivers should be more cautious.”

In Colorado Springs there have only been school zones for elementary schools, but what about middle and high schoolers who are also crossing streets? Freshman Sophia Streter said, “I think that people should put up a school zone or some kind of sign to let people know that there are students around.”

Students believe that there are ways to improve the safety of crosswalks. The crosswalk is supposed to be a safer way of crossing the street; unfortunately, there need to be some other changes. Our district voted to have a school zone put in on Barnes in front of our school. Hopefully, this will improve crosswalk safety for students and staff. The school zone will control the speed of cars as well as make people more aware of people that are crossing.

Junior Sabrina Szostak said, “When the light goes to the person walking, then nobody should be able to turn, and it should all be red lights for the drivers.”

Senior Katelyn Wimberly said, “Give it a long time for people to walk and driver’s using turn signals on lights.” Following that, we do hope students follow the crosswalk rules and that cars also follow the speed limit we hope that we no longer have to deal with jay walking or speeding with all these new speed limits.

Following that, we do hope students follow the crosswalk rules and that cars also follow the speed limit, and we hope that we no longer have to deal with jay walking or speeding with all the new speed limits. I know all us are a Doherty family and hope that we can get over this hard point in our school year and better out school and hope for the best.

The Spartan • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

All The Spartan Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *