Breaking News
The Student News Site of Thomas B. Doherty High School

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Spartan

Head Coach Snow Takes Over Volleyball

Head+Coach+Hannah+Snow+cheers+on+varsity+as+they+play+Fountain+Fort+Carson+at+Doherty+High+School.+
Madison Medlin-Wittenborn
Head Coach Hannah Snow cheers on varsity as they play Fountain Fort Carson at Doherty High School.

With the volleyball season in motion, we are excited to introduce the new head coach for volleyball, Hannah Snow.  Snow played in high school and was in club volleyball in college. She’s been coaching for seven years and always knew she wanted to be a head coach, and it has been a lifelong dream for her since she was in high school. According to Snow, volleyball is “one of the most influential sports of building great relationships and working as a team…”

Snow also mentioned her favorite part of head coaching was building relationships with her players. Her players are equally as fond of her, and they say she motivates the team and helps them reach their full potential and goals. 

Elliana Adams, a varsity player, said communication and trust are what makes a strong team. They have been practicing these skills through communication drills. As a team, they have been working together to achieve the same goal of a trusting team with communication. Addison Leasure, another varsity player, mentioned that volleyball has a more developing atmosphere than other sports; she also mentioned that with Ms. Snow being a new head coach they’ve all been working hard to form supportive relationships with each other. 

On senior night Snow said she thought senior night was incredible start to finish. Ms. Snow worked hard to make every senior feel special, loved, and appreciated. Ms. Snow also said, “At the end of the day it’s not just volleyball. It’s way more, it’s truly a loving family.” 

With her cheerful and inspiring personality, Snow has made volleyball feel like home. All in all, Ms. Snow has created a progressive program and a positive environment for her players, the team is currently 8-9. Varsity is very excited to attend the varsity tournament with an overall score of 11-12 to end out the season.