Breaking News
The Student News Site of Thomas B. Doherty High School

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Extracurricular Scene

How Extra Activities Can Benefit You

INTRODUCTION –

IMPORTANCE OF EXTRACURRICULARS

Extracurricular activities are quite significant. It aids in your development in various ways. First of all, you pick up valuable life skills like time management, leadership, and teamwork. Engaging in these activities helps people focus and organize their responsibilities better, which helps them perform better academically as well. Participating in various groups also increases confidence and helps identify your strengths. Learning these useful skills is just as important as reading books. Managing obstacles, forming friendships, and functioning as a team are all involved. These activities highlight your strengths and help you stand out while applying to jobs or colleges. So, it’s not just about school, it’s about becoming a more awesome and ready-for-anything person!

SKILLS BEYOND THE CLASSROOM

Participating in extracurricular activities is like unwrapping a treasure trove of valuable knowledge. Participating in groups or sports teaches you how to lead, collaborate with others, and effectively manage your time. “They benefit me in school because I can meet  new people and have fun doing what I like,” said Luella Wiest talking about band. Reading and writing are not enough; you also need to use your knowledge in practical situations. As a result, joining a team or club helps you develop your ability to focus, organize, and determine what has to be done. Additionally, by engaging in these activities, you might discover your strengths and possibly even uncover hidden skills! It functions as a kind of applied lesson that enhances your proficiency in the subjects you already study.

PERSONAL GROWTH AND SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT

Now, let’s talk about you growing into a super awesome person. Being part of clubs or sports isn’t just about being good at something; it’s also about feeling good about yourself. You make friends, learn how to talk to all sorts of people, and become more social. Finding what you’re good at helps you stand tall and be proud of who you are. And guess what? When tough things happen, being part of these activities teaches you how to stay strong and organized. It’s not just about books; it’s about having fun, making friends, and becoming better in so many ways. Plus, colleges and jobs love seeing that you’ve been part of cool things because it shows you’re not just a student; you’re a well-rounded, awesome person ready for anything!

CONCLUSION

In summary, participating in extracurricular activities is like having access to a ton of awesome advantages. It improves your academic performance by teaching you valuable life skills like time management and teamwork. Along the road, you gain confidence and learn what you’re good at. You also grow more social, establish friends, and gain experience interacting with a variety of people. It’s not only about books; it’s also about engaging in enjoyable and beneficial activities that improve you on many levels. These activities help you learn how to remain composed and powerful in the face of adversity. Additionally, they bring variety to the classroom experience, which makes it more exciting. And what do you know? Being involved in organizations or sports demonstrates to colleges and employers that you’re not only a bookworm but an amazing person in many aspects! Thus, becoming involved isn’t simply a way to pass the time; it’s also a way to prepare yourself for whatever comes next by becoming incredibly proficient and prepared.