Breaking News
The Student News Site of Thomas B. Doherty High School

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Spartan

Girls Soccer Starting Off Strong

Teagan Cox
    Gracie Loseke working hard during preseason to be strong on the field.
    Rylee Skeens working hard to get ready for preseason

Another year, another kick into the season for Doherty Girls Soccer. With this new season taking off the girls are having to overcome struggles on and off the field. With six seniors leaving and over 60 goals lost with the seniors being gone, there comes a time where there are new girls on the team and a whole new adaptation. They have to learn how to play together and also bond off the field and really create a team bond.

The preseason is in place now. The girls are taking on indoor games along with practice and the weight room. Though it is a new team with new adaptations the team has really stepped up and come together during the indoor games. While the team is currently undefeated in preseason games, regular season is different. Having to take on a real outdoor field is different and will show a challenge to the girls.

The team has shown great sportsmanship and has been able to have a good time on and off the field, however what happens when the team hits the field? Are the going to come together? Are they going to make it to playoffs again?

The girls have started their preseason and their indoor season being undefeated and carrying a lead within their indoor bracket, the season outdoor is looking good for the girls this season.

Coach Craig Decker says, “Even though there are many underclassmen on the team, they have real talent and blend into the team very well.” With Coach Decker saying this the team is looking really strong this season, and they may be playoff bound.

Taking with Kendi Mello she says, “The team this season is a good group of girls and we all work together really well this year. I think we can make it to the playoffs and do really well with the season.”

The girls are taking preseason and workouts seriously, making them stronger along with making their bond strong, which will make the team strong.

As the season takes off in March they are ready to hit the field and become state bound. With that they take huge steps with getting in shape along with skill work and putting in the work outside of the practices and games.