Breaking News
The Student News Site of Thomas B. Doherty High School

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Spartan

Sonic the Hedgehog Announcements

photo+credit%3A+eurogamer.net+%0AShadow%2C+Sonic%2C+and+Classic+Sonic+are+jumping+in+the+air+
Sega
photo credit: eurogamer.net Shadow, Sonic, and Classic Sonic are jumping in the air

The Sonic the Hedgehog franchise has been getting some more content. This content Includes information on the new Sonic movie, a new game, and the Knuckles show. Sonic fans are being FED THIS YEAR.  

To begin Sega, just announced a remaster of Sonic Generations with the addition of some bonus content featuring Shadow the Hedgehog. The trailer showed levels featuring Black Arms and Sonic Adventure 2 (SA2) themes. This is going to be the first game that makes Shadow playable in a while. This is good because Shadow is the fan favorite of the franchise. Shadow fans have been DEPRIVED of Shadow since his last game appearance in 2017?! The rest of the game content appears to be the same as the original game it’s just an enhancement of the graphics.  

More shadow-related news the title treatment for the new Sonic movie was released a few days ago. The logo resembles the SA2 logo, and the announcement had a snippet of live and learn, the main theme of SA2. Sonic fans love all the SA2 references and just the revival of Shadow the Hedgehog in general. The Sonic movie looks promising and seems to roughly be following the story of Sonic Adventure based on leaked storyboards. The storyboards show Super Shadow and the Ark key ideas in Sonic Adventure 2. Also more on the soundtrack, fans have been speculating that Crusher 40 will be helping with the soundtrack. They did a lot of the music for Sonic Adventure, Sonic Adventure 2, and the Shadow the Hedgehog game. 

Along with the movie, the new Knuckles show trailer dropped along with the release date, April 26th, 2024. The trailer looks promising and is filled with a lot of references including the signs featured at the end of Sonic levels and the hat he wears in the OVA movie!! Kid Cudi will also be in the show, which is super cool! The series is going to be a six-episodes and there most likely will not be a second season.  Also, Pachacamac from SA2 was seen in the trailer!!  

All these announcements are making Sonic fans proud to be Sonic fans. The movie, the show, and the game EVERYTHING will be amazing, and I cannot wait.