Breaking News
The Student News Site of Thomas B. Doherty High School

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Spartan

Boys’ Volleyball Starting to Upgrade

Madison Medlin-Wittenborn
    Nathan Mai going up for a hit against Mesa Ridge.

Doherty Boys’ Volleyball is one of the newest sports added to Doherty. Boys’ volleyball came around during the 21-22 school year, and they didn’t start too hot, having a 5-15 overall record and going 10-13 their last season during the 22-23 school year and placing third overall in league. This year during the 23-24 season, boys’ volleyball is off to a great start, having a 2-1 record so far and being first in league. 

Boys’ Volleyball is going to have an exciting season this year. Senior Brayden Unseth explains his excitement for this season: “I’m excited because I think we have a really good team, and even when things aren’t going our way, we are having fun on the court.”

The boys’ volleyball team is off to a great start, and there will be many more opportunities for them this year and the exciting wins they will be able to secure. “I’m excited about the possible wins and having fun with my team, as playing is just so fun,” says sophomore Jonah Montoya. 

The Boys’ Volleyball team is holding themselves to a high standard this year, having many expectations set and goals they want to achieve. Jonah Montoya tells us about the expectations he has for himself and his team: “I expect our team to grow and get better together and be a strong competitor to our team.” This year the boys have a strong, competitive, and hard-working team. They are ready for whatever comes their way and are holding themselves to the standard. Brayden Unseth has high hopes for the boy’s volleyball team to go to playoffs. He said, “I expect to make us to playoffs this year, as we have a better team than last year and can do some damage.”  

Your Boys’ Volleyball team is looking forward to an improved season this year, keep a lookout. These young men are very talented and have been working very hard towards their goal of making the playoffs. Go see a game before it’s too late!