Breaking News
The Student News Site of Thomas B. Doherty High School

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Spartan

Spring Break Activities

Amoni Burns
    Watching the boats sail on the dock of the beach in Long Beach California.

Spring Break is a most common break where multiple people take the time to go places and spend their time somewhere hot and relaxing. Especially because many people live in different states where it is not hot, many people leave the state and travel where they can enjoy their time the most.

I feel like there are a lot of activities to do during this break besides any other break and it is warmer. There are a lot of cons of this break as well, which come with messing sleep schedule up and many forgetting to do work or even turn in work on time, as we all know nobody is ever really worried about doing work or anything school-related because the break is for mental breaks and relaxation. Going from being in school for so many months to having a good week break off can help many cope and get back right for when they get back to school. Tests start to come up as soon as you get back during April so being able to mentally prepare and do some fun activities that try not to stress you out too much is such a big effect and change for many students.

One of the places that many students and college students travel to is Miami, Florida, and this is one of the biggest states many attend to because of cruises and so many different activities to do outside of their home states. Yes, so many think Miami is not the only thing to do which it is not but, in our generation, many travel there because that is the state everyone has been traveling to for years now during Spring Break. At Doherty High School, everyone loves to do stuff with their friends and go to parties or even just get out of the house to do something, so I went around the school today and interviewed a good amount of people and asked them what their favorite spring activity was during break and many gave me great answers and different ideas and things that they do.

Many had different answers and creative things that they do and shared great activities that they do over the break, Isaiah Boston class of 2025 said, “I travel, go to parties, bake, and watch kids.” Aden Kessel class of 2024 said, “I just do a lot of outdoor stuff I go practice lacrosse and I run track, so I go to practices and then more outdoor stuff like hiking and riding bikes and hanging out with family.” Charizma Meeall class of 2027 said, “I like to hang out with friends and family and go swimming normally if it’s warm out.”

Not too many had a lot to say about spring break activities, but the amount I got I feel as if they were all related in many ways others would have been the same in similar ways. I feel as if there is a lot to do during spring break, but since many do have sports and jobs to attend to now, they do not do as much because of their schedule and will not be able to fit too much in, but other than being busy there really is many things to do.