Breaking News
The Student News Site of Thomas B. Doherty High School

The Spartan

The Spartan

The Spartan

New Amphitheatre Rises up in Colorado Springs

The Sunset Amphitheater sits in front of Pikes Peak during one of Colorado Springs famous sunsets. (Photo from website)

Construction of the Sunset Amphitheater has begun in northern Colorado Springs Colorado. The Sunset Amphitheater developed by Notes Live seats 8,000 and already has many shows scheduled this summer. The venue has a large lawn in the back of the amphitheatre making for relaxing picnics and a lot of space, and it resembles Fiddlers Green up in Denver with this set up. It even incorporates lots of concessions and food/drink restaurants.

Many Spartans are excited about this new amphitheatre with One Republic, Cage the Elephant, and Pentatonix all geared up to perform right here in Colorado Springs. Sylvia Pado 27′ said, “I grew up listening to Pentatonix during the Christmas season and I will try my best to get tickets this summer.” She’s in luck because these tickets are as low as 40 dollars.

“I love concerts so much. I have been to about 7 now,” says Zelda Pope 25′. “I’m really excited to be able to take my freinds with me this summer since it’s so close and possibly even go by myself.” This easy access is leaving Spartans filled with possibilities and ready to take on concerts with ease.

Notes live has many concert venues all across Colorado Springs and is very talented when it comes to putting on amazing shows. The venue is faced right towards beautiful Pikes Peak with its stunning sunset views, hence the name. It will be operated by AEG which is the exact same company that operates Red Rocks, making it a very prestigious new venue.

Ryan Kaiser 26′ says, “It will be great not to have to drive all the way up to Denver to see shows this makes it so much easier.” Many Spartans hate the drive up to Denver and say that concerts have been really hard to manage in this 21st century. Let’s just hope these new concerts are not wildly expensive and sell out within a week.